It's a beautiful life.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Jules 1st Birthday Party!!!

We did a small party, made up with three other sweeties, 2 besties from school and 1 from dance class. I gave Jules a few ideas and she picked Paint Yourself Silly(a local pottery painting shop). I think she just heard 'paint' and stopped listening after that!

Anyway, I succeeded in maintaining my status quo of... uhm.. absolutely utterly fascinating pictures! Sorry guys, I was having too much fun just watching the girls interact and paint their pottery and almost completely forgot to snap any photos. I'm fortunate I've got what I've got!

 That's little Miss. Harper on the left and Miss. Sydney on the right.
 
 They were both so sweet while Jules opened gifts.
 
Massively blurry but.. cute smile on Jules face.
I had gotten her and Syd to do the hokey pokey(thanks for the suggestion Grandma D)
while waiting for cake and ice cream...
They loved it!
 
 These are the flowers we picked up right before heading to the party. Jason and Jules waited in the car while I ran in to get just a few balloons.. but.. when I saw the flowers and how bright they were, coupled with her love of getting and giving flowers, I couldn't resist. Walking out to the car and hearing her squeal of delight that she got flowers and balloons for her birthday... it was priceless!

The girls hard at work painting their figurines!
Harper painted a frog, Jules a unicorn, Mia a kitty and Sydney a horse.

Little Miss. Mia hard at work next to her Mommy, Ann!

Jules and her unicorn.. before the black paint struck..
seriously.. why give kiddos black paint?
I was thinking her unicorn would be hideous (no lie) when it came out of the oven..
But i was so wrong.. turned out pretty darn cute!

Her first birthday cake of the weekend!
Cake at 11am?
Delish!

Blow baby girl!

Yum, yum.
 
It was a really good time, small and intimate.
I wasn't sure if we'd do one yet with friends as I'd had it in the back of my mind to wait until she's 5 but.. the idea took hold and before I knew it we were in the thick of it. Or, rather.. my mouth spouted out what it was thinking in front of said birthday girl before my mind caught up with me and .. viola.
Birthday party!
 
Oh well. I just need to stick to my resolutions for ear piercing! Good thing she's not anywhere close to interested in that right now though!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment